This is now mine and my husband’s favorite healthy banana bread recipe! After experimenting more than I would like to admit, I feel like I finally perfected this recipe. We actually just went to the store and bought more bananas just to let ripen so we could make it again… haha! This bread is moist, delicious, and will make you feel a lot better knowing you aren’t putting a ton of oil, butter, and sugar into your body (or maybe you feel good about that! Idk!) For my personal goals I love having recipes that taste good and are good for you, but also have better macros than standard recipes… and this banana bread is exactly that! Enjoy!
This recipe is free from dairy, oil, and refined sugar.
Macros: 160 Calories —
19.6g Carbs / 5g Protein / 7.3g Fat / 2.3g Fiber /17.3 Net Carbs
Yields: 1 Loaf (10 slices)
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55-60 minutes
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp stevia in the raw
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C. natural applesauce (I use the brand Seneca)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C. Blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 C. Unbleached flour
- 1/4 C. Enjoy Life Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Prepare a 9×5 bread pan. I use an organic extra virgin olive oil spray to spray the pan, but if you truly want this to be a completely oil free banana bread you can line your bread pan with parchment paper in a way that you can just lift the bread out when it’s done.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Move mashed bananas onto 1/2 of the mixing bowl. In the other half add in the eggs and beat together without beating in the bananas. After the eggs are beaten then mix together the eggs and bananas (I like to use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients together because I can then scrape the sides as well).
- Add in stevia, vanilla, salt, apple sauce, and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- Then add in baking powder, baking soda, almond flour, and unbleached flour. When it is well combined fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pan and bake at 325° for 50 minutes.
- After take it out of the oven and let it cool while still in the pan. Serve warm.