I’m honestly so ready for fall and I needed something delicious but dairy free! This pumpkin cupcakeis honestly so good even plain! No butter or oil! As for the marshmallow cream you may not know that most recipes call for a lot of sugar and corn syrup. I love experimenting and have counted my stars that this recipe turned out better than I could have hoped for without using cane sugar or corn syrup! Please tag me in your posts or let me know if you make this recipe! It is now one of my favorites and not complicated at all! What could be better? 😉
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Macros: 140 calories- 18g carbs/ 6g fat/ 4g protein/ 2g fiber/ 16g net carbs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20-22 min
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning (optional)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup Apple sauce
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups canned 100% pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350° and put liners into a muffin tin. Spray liners lightly with a nonstick baking spray to help liners from sticking to the cupcakes.
2. In a bowl mix together almond flour, unbleached flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together brown sugar, Apple sauce, eggs, vanilla, and canned pumpkin.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk together until completely combined.
5. Put 1/4 cup dollops into cupcake liners and bake for 20-22 minutes. (I recommend doing the toothpick test)
6. Remove from the oven and only let them cook in the tin for a couple minutes and then move them to a cooling wrack.
7. Let them cool completely before putting marshmallow cream on top! This will ensure that the cream does not slide off the cupcake.
Macros: 36 calories – 9g carbs
Yields: 24 servings (about 1/4 cup)
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
2 tbsp stevia in the raw
3/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup water
2 egg whites
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla
1. In a bowl beat egg whites and lemon juice with a hand mixer until they have form soft peaks.
2. In a sauce pan- over medium heat on the stove, whisk together water, honey, and stevia. Mix frequently until it’s frothy and mixture has expanded in size and bubbly. It should stay this way even if you mix it. This takes about 5 minutes.
3. Pour honey mixture into egg whites and beat for 7-9 minutes.
4. Mix in vanilla until it’s fully integrated.
5. Put 1/4 cup dollop onto cupcakes.