The answer is yes! You can eat these for breakfast! These muffins are only sweetened with apple sauce and pure maple syrup…. and they’re irresistibly delicious. My favorite season is fall so I absolutely love making fall recipes! I needed a healthier alternative to a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie.. and these have done the trick without sacrificing my sweet tooth 😉 yum! Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1
Macros: 140 calories 20C/ 5F/ 4P
- 1/2 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup natural Apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour or wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners- spray liners gently with baking or olive oil spray.
- In a bowl whisk together canned pumpkin, egg, maple syrup, Apple sauce, and vanilla until well combined.
- Then add in almond flour, unbleached white flour, protein powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Add in rolled oats and chocolate chips, and again mix until well combined.
- Put the batter into cupcake liners evenly and bake for 14-16 minutes. ( I usually do the toothpick check at 14 and if it needs longer I bake them for 1-2 more minutes)